Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Official Ateneo's Position: "Neutrality"

I am for academic freedom. 
That's why I would rather remain neutral on the issue.

I am personally against abortion and contraception,
but it's OK with me if others want it.

We support the CBCP position,
but we respect the proRH position of our teachers.
~ B.Nebres, SJ
 
That is the tone of the Ateneo de Manila University's official position
on the RH Bill.  It conveys a spirit of "neutrality".
 
What's wrong with that?


Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim.
Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
~ Eli Wiesel

To the angel of the church in Laodicea, write this:
I know your works; I know that you are neither cold nor hot.
I wish you were either cold or hot.  So, because you are lukewarm,
neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. ~ Rev 3:15-16

Read and pray for the currently neutered Society of Jesus.

Z